The International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors (OFS), established in 1983, is acknowledged as the world’s leading conference on all the aspects of optical fiber sensors and related photonic technologies. OFS provides a forum for reporting and exchanging ideas on the latest advances in research and development on optical fiber sensor technologies. OFS has also contributed to industrialization and standardization of the related devices and systems for practical applications. The 28th OFS conference, OFS-28, will be held in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan from November 20 to 24, 2023. It will offer plenary and invited talks, contributed oral and poster presentations, workshops, and exhibitions of commercial products. Social events will also take place for networking among the participants.
We are looking forward to welcoming all of you to Hamamatsu, and would like to celebrate the 40th anniversary of this precious conference.
OFS-28 Scope and topics:
- Physical, mechanical, and electromagnetic sensors
- Chemical, environmental, biological and medical sensors and biophotonic applications
- Interferometric, polarimetric and laser-based sensors (including gyroscopes and resonators)
- Micro- and nano-structured fiber sensors (including photonic crystal fiber and grating based sensors)
- Distributed and multiplexed sensing and sensor networking
- Environmental, security, defense and industrial applications; technology commercialization and standardization
- Smart structures (including structural health monitoring, digital twin, and photonics in additive manufacturing)
- New elements (fibers, devices and subsystems), effects (e.g., plasmonics), technologies (including nanophotonics), materials (e.g., meta- and structured-materials) and signal processing (e.g., machine learning) for photonic sensing
- Integrated photonics, cavity opto-mechanics, quantum sensing techniques, precision metrology, and frequency combs
- Other technologies (including imaging-related, spectroscopic and those based on smart-phone platforms).